one of the fastest growing private IT Security and Managed Services firm, is looking for a System Analyst to join their team in Schaumburg, IL, as a full-time employee. The System Analyst’s role is to manage Sath’s client computer software systems and Windows, Unix and Linux to ensure high levels of availability and security of the supported security applications. The System Analyst also participates in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system maintenance that is consistent with Service Level Agreement requirements, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
In this role, you will:
- Troubleshoot client/server applications and systems.
- Respond to issues and or problems. Provide documentation and management reporting.
- Install new software releases, system upgrades, evaluate and install patches and resolve software and OS related problems.
- Perform system backups and recovery as needed. Monitor system configurations, interfaces and jobs to ensure data integrity.
- Manage system accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations in accordance with best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Provide end user support as required.
- Investigate system and security issues and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Provide tactical and strategic input on overall system upgrades and enhancement planning and related projects.
- Follow Managed Services practices to provide support. Continuously document knowledge in company’s knowledge base.
- Participate in Business Continuation / Disaster Recovery infrastructure planning, building, and testing.
- Training and/or mentor other team members as needed.
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 2-3 years of experience. 5-7 years of experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's Degree. An Associate degree in equivalent field is a must.
- Experience with Windows server (2012 and above ), Linux and Unix platforms and Active Directory
- Experience with Windows/Linux/Unix Security Configuration and Analysis.
- Experience with security tools / appliances ( MAS/SAS server layouts, IIS, Firewalls, IPS, etc ).
- Experience with SAN.
- Working knowledge of how to provide support for Windows and MS Active Directory, Linux and Unix including domain group policies and administration.
- Experience with VMware, not just provisioning.
- Experience with backup and recovery tools / software.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels, including non-technical audiences.
- Experience in documentation and knowledge base development/maintenance
Your benefits will include:
- Experience in IT Support and Maintenance teams and/or IT Managed Services.
- Experience with KeyPass, CyberArk tools
- Experience with Local Area Network technologies ( Switches, Hubs, Routers, VPN, etc. )
- 16 days paid time off
- 9 paid holidays
- Fully paid Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage for the employee
- 401(k) retirement program with upto 4% Company Match
- Professional growth reimbursement
- Challenging work environment with flexibility
- Your world of opportunities begins here! Apply today